Terms and conditions of the Mentoring Cruise scholarship program 2019
- The subject of scholarship qualifications for Mentoring Cruise 2019 (Qualifications) are scholarships to cover laureates’ participation in mentoring cruise during the summer 2019 between 3/08/2019 and 10/08/2019.
- The organiser of Qualifications is the Rajchman Foundation, which is registered in the National Court Register under number 0000722884 (Foundation).
- Organising partner of Qualifications is the „Transatlantic Future Leaders Forum” Foundation, which is registered in the National Court Register under number 0000621882 (TFLF).
- Strategic partner of Qualifications and sailing operator is MRES sp. z o.o., official tourism organiser, which is registered in tourism organisers and tourism intermediaries index kept by Masovian Voivodeship Marshal under a number 1841 (MRES). MRES is also Mentoring Cruise organiser.
- Complete list of partners and sponsors of Qualifications is on www.rejsmentoringowy.pl website.
- The Selection Board (Board), consisting of members appointed by the Foundation and TFLF, shall award scholarships and perform individual Qualifications. The Selection Board actions are to be supported by the Jury of the Competition, which may be consisted of representatives invited by partners and sponsors.
- To rule any conflict of interests, members of the Board shall not related by parentage, marriage, affinity and shall not collateral relatives of Applicants and they should not be involved in adoption, custody or guardianship relationship with the Applicants.
- Acquaintanceship of Applicant by the member of the Board shall be reported to the Board before the beginning of the interview with the Applicant.
- The Board task is:
- in the first stage of the Qualifications: to review contest applications (Application) and to shortlist 30 finalists qualified to participate in the second stage of Qualifications.
- in the second stage of the Qualifications: to choose Laureates until the funds concerned have been used up.
- The Board is to operate until the termination but not beyond the date of 1 of August 2019.
- The aim of the Qualifications is to support talented high school youth, with particular attention to talented youth from smaller urban and rural areas in order to act against financial exclusion and to foster their development.
- Applicants take part in the Qualifications. Person, who is to be an Applicant, must meet the following conditions:
- ) was born no earlier than 01.01.2000 and no later than 03.08.2003;
- ) in the 2018/2019 school year was attending secondary school.
- Scholarships are awarded to the Applicants with Laureate status, who meet conditions detailed in subparagraphs 1-2, in accordance with the order on the ranking list under 2019 Qualifications (within financial envelope).
- Assessment and verification of the Applicant’s fulfillment of scholarship conditions are going to take place during the Qualifications.
- The Qualifications are going to be run in two stages.
- During Application assessment the following criteria are being taken into consideration:
- ) end of school year results (up to 15 points for this criterion)
- ) achievements in olympiads and contests of national and international recognition (up to 30 points for this criterion)
- ) potential for self-development (up to 20 points for this criterion)
- ) number of inhabitants of the place of residence (up to 15 points for this criterion)
- ) the amount of average net monthly income per family member (up to 30 points for this criterion)
- The assessment of Application is performed during the first stage of the Qualifications.
- The documentation provided by the Applicant is verified during the second stage of Qualifications.
- Negative verification of Applicant’s fulfillment of the scholarship conditions at any stage of Qualifications prohibits awarding the scholarship to the Applicant and results in disqualification from the contest.
- The first stage of Qualifications is the verification of the Applicant’s fulfillment of scholarship conditions by analysis and assessment of entry form provided by the Applicant.
- The first stage of Qualifications consists of preliminary verification and substantive evaluation. The verification and substantive evaluation is performed by at least two members of the Board.
- Entry forms sent by the Applicants in the first stage are accepted between 17 of June 2019 and 24 of June 2019. These dates may be changed as a result of a decision made by the Board in case of low numbers of applications.
- The entry form in the first stage of Qualifications consists of:
- ) Personal questionnaire, which consists of:
- email address
- name and surname
- date of birth
- place of residence
- number of inhabitants in the place of residence
- telephone number
- T-shirt size
- ) grade point average from 2018/2019 school year (with the addition of marking scheme),
- ) note about achievements in olympiads and contests (up to 1000 signs including spaces),
- ) note about extracurricular activities (up to 1000 signs including spaces),
- ) note about academic interest and motivation for studying (up to 1000 signs including spaces),
- ) note about future personal and career plans (up to 1000 signs including spaces),
- ) declaration of average net monthly income per family member,
- ) declaration of school attendance in the 2018/2019 school year.
- ) permit for the processing of the personal data and sharing them with partners and sponsors of the Qualifications.
- ) permit from the Parents/Caregivers to take part in Qualifications.
- ) Personal questionnaire, which consists of:
- During the preliminary verification of Application following actions take place subsequently:
- ) encryption of the Application
- ) check of formalities
- ) awarding points for criteria detailed in section 4 paragraph 4 points 5-6.
- Application that does not meet formal requirements shall be rejected by the Board
- The number of points, mentioned in paragraph 5 point 3, is taken note of separately and summed after review of the other criteria.
- The number of points, mentioned in paragraph 7, as well as declarations, mentioned in section 4 paragraph 7, are not forwarded to the members of the Board, who are responsible for substantive evaluation in the first stage.
- Application that meets formal requirements shall be accepted for substantive evaluation in the first stage of Qualifications. Under substantive evaluation, only parts of the encrypted application, that are detailed in paragraph 4 points 2-6 are reviewed.
- Under substantive evaluation in the first stage of Qualification the Selection Board, as they verify Applicant’s fulfillment of scholarship conditions, awards points for criteria under appendix to these terms and conditions. They shall not exceed the maximal number of points for a given criterion.
- After substantive evaluation of all Applicants, points from substantive evaluations are summed with points mentioned in paragraph 7. After summing the points, the ranking list is made.
- After setting the ranking list, Applications are decoded.
- Applicants with the highest number of points in the ranking list are successively admitted to the second stage of the Qualifications. The Board may construct a waiting list consisted of no more than 10 Applicants.
- Applicants admitted to the second stage of Qualifications receive the status of the finalist of the Qualifications. Information concerning the results of the first stage of the Qualifications shall be given to the Applicants via email.
- The second stage of the Qualifications consists of the interview with at least two representatives of the Board and is conducted as a complementary measure of verification of the Finalist’s fulfillment of scholarship conditions.
- The second stage of the Qualifications is to take place on the 29 of June 2019.
- Interviews conducted during the second stage of Qualifications may be in person, via telephone call or other video mean of communication. The form of the interview shall be decided upon by the representative of the Board. The interview shall be conducted in Polish and English.
- The interview during the second stage of the Qualifications should focus on plans for studying abroad, mentioned interests, passions, extracurricular activities, past achievements as well as future academic and career plans.
- In the course of the second stage of the Qualifications, the Selection Board is to conduct complimentary verification of the Applicant’s fulfillment of scholarship conditions and is to check the documentation provided by the Applicant in the entry form and is to assess the interview. After each interview, each member of the Board, who is present during the whole interview, is to award: -1 (definite „no”), 0 (against), 1 (OK, acceptable) or 2 (definite „yes). In duly justified cases, members of the Board may abstain from voting and is to present reason for his abstention to the other members of the Board during the voting procedure. The average point is then calculated from individual points from the members of the Board, which is to indicate the Applicant’s place on the ranking list of the Finalists. The Jury of the Competition reserves a right to distinguish particular Finalists.
- After all interviews during the second sage of the Qualifications, the Board using the method „forced ranking” (comparison with other Finalists) and with consideration of distinctions awarded by the Jury of the Competition, constructs the final ranking list.
- After positive verification of the Applicant’s fulfillment of scholarship conditions in the course of the Qualifications and after setting the ranking list, the Board decides on awarding the scholarship.
- Along with being awarded a scholarship, Finalists receive Laureate of the Qualification status. Information about the awarding of the scholarship is given to the Laureates and their Parents/Caregivers and the MRES.
- The choice of the Board is final. There is no appeal from the decision or verification made by the Board.
- Laureate and their Parents/Caregivers have 3 days from the day of awarding the scholarship to decide whether to accept the scholarship.
- The acceptance of receiving the scholarship is understood as performing succeeding actions in 3 days after being awarded the scholarship:
- ) Intimating the Foundation about receiving the scholarship
- ) Completing the registration for the summer Mentoring Cruise 2019.
- Failure to perform completing the registration for the summer Mentoring Cruise 2019 in 3 days after being awarded the scholarship is tantamount with the decline of the scholarship.
- Acceptance of the scholarship diminishes financial envelope by its value.
- In the case of the decline of scholarship, financial envelope does not diminish and the Board by choose subsequent Laureate in accordance with the ranking list. The provisions of paragraphs 1-5 shall be applied, respectively
- Sending an Application is understood as agreement to the processing of Applicant’s and their Parents/Caregivers’ personal data by the Foundation and MRES (joint controllers of personal data) for the Qualifications and informing about the Qualifications in accordance with GDPR.
- Data contained in the Applicants’ Applications are going to be shared with the Foundation, the TFLF, and MRES for the purpose of conducting the Qualifications for which the Applicant agrees when he enters the Qualifications.
- Name and Surnames and image of people being the Finalist and Laureates of the Qualification as well as photos and videos featuring those people may be posted on the website or social media of the Qualifications, the Foundation or MRES as well as partners and sponsors for which the Applicant agrees when he enters the Qualifications.
- Applicant, when entering the Qualifications, agrees for sharing with partners and sponsors their name, surname, date of birth and not about academic interest and motivation for studying, note about future personal and career plans.
Awarded scholarship covers the cost of the participation of the Laureate w touristic-holiday event the mentoring cruise which is taking place during summer 2019 (General Conditions for Participation apply), excluding personal spendings. In respect to Applicant being awarded the scholarship, nor they or nor their Parents/Caregivers are entitled to any claims against the Foundation, the TFLF or MRES. The settlement of the scholarships granted in the course of the Qualifications is taking place only between the Foundation and MRES.
Appendix to the terms and conditions: criteria of Applicant’s assessment
1. End of school year results (up to 15 point for this criterion)
In proportion to the grade point average:
- in the five-grade rating system: in the set <4,00;5,00>,
- in the six-grade rating system: i n the set <4,75;6,00>,
- in the seven-grade rating system: in the set <5,50;7,00>.
2. Achievements in olympiads, contests and sports competitions on the national and international level (up to 30 points for this criterion)
- International Olympiad:
o laureate – 12 points,
o finalist – 10 points,
- National Olympiad:
o laureate – 10 points,
o finalist – 7 points,
- International contest lub international sports competitions:
o laureate – 9 points,
o finalist – 4 points,
- National contest (including regional contest) lub national sports competitions:
o laureate – 4 points,
o finalist – 2 points.
3. Extracurricular activity, especially volunteering, sports, academic, cultural and artistic (up tp 15 points for this criterion)
4. High self-development potential (up to 20 points for this criterion)
5. Number of inhabitants of the place of residence (up to 15 points for the criterion)
- village or city up to 10 000 inhabitants – 15 points,
- city from 10 000 to 50 000 inhabitants – 12 points,
- city from 50 000 to 100 000 inhabitants – 10 points,
- city from 100 000 to 500 000 inhabitants – 8 points,
- city from 500 000 to 1 000 000 inhabitants – 6 points,
- city above 1 000 000 inhabitants – 5 points.
6. Average net monthly income per family member (up to 30 points for this criterion)
- under 1 500 zł – 30 points,
- from 1 501 to 2 000 zł – 20 points,
- from 2 001 to 2 500 zł – 12 points,
- from 2 501 to 3 000 zł – 7 points,
- from 3 001 to 4 000 zł – 4 points,
- from 4 001 to 5 000 zł – 2 points,
- from 5 001 to 7 500 zł – 1 point,
- above 7 500 zł – 0 points.